Where car mufflers are used to reduce the sound of the engine, sounding mufflers offer a better and strong sound in order to give a fill that the vehicle is powerful. The higher the sound, the stronger the feeling. That’s why a lot of car enthusiasts keep sounding mufflers at the time of making an upgrade list. Sounding mufflers also ensure a way out for the polluted air. As a result, your engine gets more fresh air and performs better than normal. So, you can see that sounding muffler doesn’t only increase the roar of the car but also enhances the performance.
Choosing the best sounding muffler for you is not as easy as an evening walk. According to your personality, your choice will be different from others. So, among all the good performing sounding mufflers, you have to choose yours with enough concentration. For this, you’ll have to collect all the necessary information about the mufflers.
Related Post: High-Quality Car Vinyl Wrap for your Car
Here is this article, I have mentioned a few sounding mufflers which I found great. You’ll find the information you need to know about those. Besides, I have added a buying guide too. So, if you are in search of a great sounding muffler for your vehicle, I recommend you to have a look at the article.
Recommended by Expert
Top-Rated Sounding Muffler Comparison Table
|Flowmaster 953047 Super 40 Muffler||27 x 9 x 6 inches||12 pounds||Polished||Check on Amazon|
|MagnaFlow 14832||20.2 x 10.7 x 5 inches||12.9 pounds||Black||Check on Amazon|
|Thrush 17651 – Welded Muffler||20.5 x 10 x 4.2 inches||10 pounds||See manufacturer’s website||Check on Amazon|
|Walker 18558 SoundFX Muffler||42 x 10 x 8 inches||14 pounds||Smooth||Check on Amazon|
|Dynomax 24215 Race Bullet Muffler||17.5 x 4.2 x 4.2 inches||4.14 pounds||Aluminized||Check on Amazon|
- 1 Top 10 Best Sounding Mufflers in The Market in 2021
- 2 1. Flowmaster 953047 Super 40 Muffler
- 3 Features
- 4 2. MagnaFlow 14832 Exhaust Muffler
- 5 Features
- 6 3. Thrush 17651 Welded Muffler
- 7 Features
- 8 4. Walker 18558 SoundFX Muffler
- 9 Features
- 10 5. Dynomax 24215 Race Bullet Muffler
- 11 Features
- 12 6 . BORLA 40359 Muffler
- 13 7. Thrush 17715 Turbo Muffler
- 14 8. Flowmaster 817568 American Thunder Direct-Fit Muffler
- 15 9 . TOTALFLOW 442516 409 Universal Single Chamber Muffler
- 16 10 . Thrush 17637 Welded Muffler
- 17 Why you need the best sounding muffler?
- 18 Factors to Consider Before Buying the Correct Sounding Muffler
- 19 Materials and size
- 20 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ) About Sounding Mufflers:
- 21 Question: Is it illegal to take off a muffler from the vehicle?
- 22 Question: Does muffler affect the sound of my vehicle?
- 23 Question: What does a bad muffler sound like?
- 24 Question: What’s the best sounding muffler for a v8 engine?
- 25 Question: Does muffler placement affect the sound of my car?
- 26 Question: Does having a loud exhaust use more fuel?
- 27 Question: Does it matter which way a muffler goes on?
- 28 Question: Will removing the muffler damage the engine?
- 29 Video Review to Buy Top Rated Sounding Mufflers
- 30 Conclusion
- 31 Share this:
- 32 Related
Top 10 Best Sounding Mufflers in The Market in 2021
Discover the excellence of using the Flowmaster 953047 Super 40 Muffler that has a deep aggressive to the moderate exhaust note. The muffler is not only powerful, but it can also provide an exceptional level of moderate interior resonance. Designed to provide remarkable performance on high horsepower vehicles, this sounding muffler is the perfect addition to your work regimen. It also features race-proven patented delta flow technology. Car owners will not only appreciate the sound produced by this muffler, but they will also appreciate the fuel efficiency level as well.
The muffler is simple to install, and the unique structure also complements the unique design of your vehicle. Equipped with a deep and powerful sound, the Original 40 series provides all the performance and low resonance benefits of a good sound muffler. The muffler is also constructed using 16 gauge aluminized steel and a fully MIG welded structure for exceptional durability benefits.
- Deep aggressive to the moderate exhaust note
- Provides optimal performance on high horsepower vehicles
- The race proved patented delta flow technology
- No internal packing to cause blowouts
- This cheap sounding muffler is simple to install
- It can also provide moderate interior resonance
- The muffler also features race-proven patented delta flow technology
- The muffler complies with general road safety standards
- The interior section of sound muffler sometimes requires replacement
- The exterior structure is prone to dirt and scratches
Are you searching for the perfect solution for improving the sound performance of your vehicle? Consider using the MagnaFlow 14832 Exhaust Muffler that is both powerful and simple to install. The muffler features unique stainless steel construction, to provide optimal durability and functionality benefits. The Magnaflow muffler also features a patented technology that does well to improve the quality of sound that reverberates in the chambers. Reinforced with aluminum and carbon materials, this best sounding Magnaflow Exhaust muffler is both durable as well as a top performer.
The muffler is also compatible with most of the conventional car exhaust diameter levels. Taking things to the next level, the MagnaFlow 14832 Exhaust Muffler provides a deep signature tone sound. Furthermore, this best sounding muffler also has an appealing design. As a result, the muffler also does well to let you complement the sound of your vehicle with style. Designed to be simple to install and modify to suit your car`s exhaust system, this muffler is the best solution for your needs. The muffler sounds great, and it also has unique sound reduction capabilities.
- Stainless steel construction
- Designed with wide open performance design
- Developed to produce a unique signature tone
- This exhaust muffler is powerful and durable
- It can also produce a unique deep signature tone
- The muffler is also compatible with various types of exhaust systems
- The muffler requires additional calibration to achieve the best sound
- The fuel efficiency is not perfect
Owning a car is all about making good decisions. This is why the Thrush 17651 Welded Muffler might just be the perfect solution for your needs. The 17651 muffler is available with a unique two chamber design that provides a deep and unique tone. More so, the muffler is available in both a 2.25-inch inlet and outlet, to provide even improved sound quality. Most mufflers are only designed to improve the performance of your car. However, the Thrush 17651 Welded Muffler also does well to improve the sound, and without compromising the fuel economy.
The internal components of the exhaust system are also durable and can provide several years of reliable performance. It also has a high-temperature metallic finish and 304 polished stainless steel material included. The inclusion of the unique thrush logo that is embossed on the muffler cover also makes it an excellent solution for enhancing the appeal of your car. Designed to be durable and suitable for sound muffling purposes, this unit makes a perfect addition to your car.
- Two chamber design to provide a deep aggressive tone
- The high-temperature metallic finish and stainless steel structure
- Thrush logo embossed on muffler cover
- Available with a 2.25-inch outlet and inlet
- This best muffler has a unique two chamber design
- It is also available in a high-temperature metallic finish
- The thrush embossed logo does well to improve the appeal of the muffler
- The internal chambers of the muffler require additional reinforcement
- The muffler also heats up when used for long distances
Sound mufflers are perhaps one of the best ways to improve the functionality of your car. This is why we also recommend the Walker 18558 SoundFX muffler as a good place to start. The muffler features a unique aluminized steel construction for optimal corrosion durability and resistance benefits. Besides that, the inclusion of spun lock heads is perfect for improving the rupture resistance levels. Designed to feature a unique tube and partition style interior design, this cheap sounding muffler makes up for an efficient addition to your car.
It also features mechanical interior joints that are customized for optimal durability benefits. Designed to be both fuel efficient and a top perfumer, the Walker 18558 Sound FX Muffler is perfect for your contemporary vehicle. This muffler is not all about performance; the unique design also complements the aesthetic appeal of your vehicle. With the unique spot welded bushings, this unit provides optimal stability and system support functionalities. Also, sound mufflers are also available in direct fit and universal styles. This type of unique design does well to provide system support and stability.
- Spun-locked heads for rupture resistance
- Tube and partition style interior design
- Comes with mechanical interior joints for durability
- Spot welded bushing for strength and support
- Comes with an aluminized structure to provide corrosion resistance and durability
- Features spun locked heads for rupture resistance
- Has mechanical interior joints for durability
- Spot welded bushings offer support and stability
- The mechanical interior joints are prone to rust
- The muffler diameter needs improvement
Dynomax is clearly one of the leading brands when it comes to producing high-quality sound mufflers. The dynomax 24215 Race Bullet Muffler is one such example. Designed to suit vehicles with limited space and high horsepower levels, the Dynomax 24215 Race Bullet Muffler is the perfect addition to your vehicle.
It is also designed to be lightweight and compact, thereby improving the performance of your car in many ways. For those who are not aware, Dynomax is one of the top brands when it comes to producing high-quality car mechanical parts. In particular, this best sounding muffler also does well to contribute towards the overall value of your car. Thanks to the 100% welded design; the Dynomax 24215 Race Bullet Muffler provides optimal durability.
The inclusion of unique CRF technology also helps to improve the sound reduction qualities of this best sound muffler. To be specific, the CRF refers to Continous Roving Fiberglass technology, which is a patented form of technology. As a result, the muffler works perfectly for both normal driving and racing as well.
- Aluminized steel construction for corrosion resistance
- Spun-locked heads for rupture resistance
- Tube and partition style interior structure
- Mechanical joints included
- Comes with spun-locked heads that are better than the ones on most mufflers
- The tube and partition style improves fuel economy
- It also features spot welded bushings for enhanced performance
- The 100% aluminized material is very durable
- The muffler is prone to exposure to water
- It is also difficult to replace the mechanical joints
6 . BORLA 40359 Muffler
Borla ProXS mufflers feature high performance technology that is proven in the streets & come surprisingly affordable. The exhaust-performance precision has been designed and manufactured by the ground breakers from BORLA. The ProX silencers are made from aircraft-quality T-304 stainless steel & rust-resistant. They’ll perform with more energy efficiency and improve fuel economy. The Pro XS is an affordable priced but professional grade performance muffler. It is designed to deliver more horsepower and torque from the engine while performing the best quality sound.
To reduce restriction and increase exhaust gas velocity, a patented straight-through muffler-design has been used which ensures each cylinder is totally evacuated making room for the incoming charge. This technology absorbs the sound waves but never disturbs the power waves, as opposed to the chambered mufflers used by most aftermarket companies. Moreover, the partition-baffles to subdue sound waves used in chambered mufflers creates back pressure and reduces power efficiency.
The Borla muffler provides a deeper exhaust-tone compared to the factory mufflers of the same size. Since the sound absorbing capabilities of the muffler decreases proportionally with the size of the muffler case, a smaller muffler will be louder while a larger stock size muffler will be quieter - it is often a hard choice between the sleek and the silent. As a result, premium choices with both qualities often rob your pocket. But this one is a wonder - a basic perforated tube with packing around it but mellows all the bustles at higher RPMs - an all-in-all a performance muffler without breaking the bank.
Proven to prolong engine life and a street-commanding growl that conveys the performance, Borla ProXS mufflers are available in many varieties. They differ in inlet and outlet size/quantity/location configurations. Find the detail specs of the current reviewed product here :
- Product Name: Borla 40359 Borla Pro S Muffler
- Center/Offset: 3 in.
- Center Inlet: 3 in.
- Offset Outlet: 14 in. x 4 in. x 9.5 in. Oval Body : 19 in
- OAL: Unnotched
- Body Weight: 8.83 Pounds
- Dimension: 21 * 11 * 6 inches
- Part Number: 40359
- Brand: BORLA
- High-quality 300 Series austenitic stainless-steel construction
- Natural mill finish can be brushed for polish
- Reversible design for installation flexibility
- Suitable for cars, SUVs and trucks
- Mechanical joints included
- Great quality as always from borla
- Included in Amazon’s Choice for “borla muffler”
- Amazon’s Best Seller no. 24 in ‘Automotive Replacement Exhaust Mufflers’
- The high-temperature Continuous-Filament Fiber (CFF) acoustic material, along with Free-flow design gives improved performance and great sound control.
- The T-304 stainless steel will never rust.
- 100% welded construction for optimum strength.
- A genuine performance muffler to replace the stock or the factory provided mufflers
- Cruising tone is quiet and mild even at higher RPM levels.
- Perhaps the best muffler to suit V8 Chevy engines
- It’s difficult to replace the mechanical joints.
- The muffler heats up when used for long distances.
- May start making a “chirping” or “humming” sound once it gets warmed up
- The hotter it gets the louder the drone is than before unless given some break
- The 4 inches outlet may become too low when attached to some vehicle models
- Includes California Proposition 65 Warning
Thrush Turbo Mufflers are made of 100% Aluminized steel. The anti-corrosion aluminized cover guarantees long and durable life. The ‘tri-flow design’ used in the muffler provides a classic ‘Thrush’ sound, the users get fond of which often. Technically, the muffler comes with a low back pressure design. Yet it assures excellent sound-control. You shall get a powerful exhaust-tone upon acceleration, and be able to enjoy quieter operation at cruising speeds. Its reversible design, along with expandable AKDQ bushings, ensures added flexibility.
Thrush has been in the competitive market for over 40 years – from the days when just hot rods were all the rage. Enthusiastic car owners went for high quality parts and turned towards Thrush – a company that completed all the equations for them.
With all the hectic contests in the market today, Thrush is still a loyal consumer-base – especially, when it comes to producing performance mufflers. Among all the varieties, from glasspacks to header back systems, one of their top assets is the universal Thrush 17715 Turbo muffler.
Don’t be confused by the turbo part of the name, the muffler is manufactured compatible with naturally aspirated systems. The option from 2 to 3 inch openings prove it really to be designed with versatility in mind. The shell is coated with 100% aluminum for rust protection and in addition, to cut down on cost and weight.
- Body Weight : 4.7 pounds
- Dimension : 19.7 * 10.4* 4.9 inches
- Part Number : 17715
- Brand : THRUSH
- Authentication : Thrush Bird and Name logo embossed on shell cover
- Four color graphic cartons for retail selling
- 100% aluminized and coated shell for a long life.
- Tri-flow Technology for noise cancellation
- 2 inch, 2-1/4 inch, or 2-1/2 inch inlet and outlet options available.
- Durable leak-free spun lock-heads
- Brand Name & Logo embossed on shell cover to show genuine products
- Enlisted in Amazon’s Choice for ‘2.5 inch mufflers’’
- Amazon’s Best Seller No.9 in ‘Automotive Performance Exhaust Mufflers’
- The provided spun lock heads provide leak free seal in the long run
- Tri-flow design provides the classic sound found in all THRUSH mufflers
- Aluminized coated shell gives extra shine for polish
- Reversible design gives maximum flexibility
Things to Be Aware of (CONS)
- Muffler’s internal chambers may require additional reinforcement sometimes
- The muffler often heats up in use for long distances
- Interior sound cancellation may not work as the exterior
- Droning sounds over two thousand rpm
- No hooks to attach under the car
- Average lifespan of around two years
- Contains California Proposition 65 Warning
Another invention from the bigwig of mufflers : It comes with the Flowmaster’s ‘American Thunder’ exhaust-systems for trucks/SUVs. These species are meant for customers who look for an exhaust with a moderate to aggressive tone, both inside and out. Mufflers with these systems are tuned to exert more power, torque, throttle response
and mileage. Each of these has a mandrel-bent tubing for optimum level performance and smooth flow of the exhaustion air. Besides, you will be amazed to see the easy fitment it
comes with – the system attaches to the factory hanger locations and its package includes all necessary tools and hardware for installation at home.
The Flowmaster Direct-Fit can fit all the RAM 1500 trucks from 2009-2019 equipped with the 5.7L Hemi and factory dual tailpipes. It is constructed into full stainless steel – a 3.00-inch mandrel-bent inlet pipe flows through a 50 Series HD™ muffler with large 4.00-inch internals. For internal sound-control, a built-in resonator helps keep the sound down to a minimum level.
With all the inhibitors, the sounds still coming out give a deep and moderate aggressive tune outside the vehicle. and includes all necessary hardware for a quick and easy installation that you can do at home. The last, but not the least, your with this product journey shall be covered by a Lifetime Warranty from Flowmaster.
We have enlisted for you here all the Specs you need to know. Have a look :
- Inlet Diameter : 3 Inches
- Outlet Diameter : 25 Inches
- Body Weight : 6 ounces
- Product Dimension : 49 x 9.8 x 15.2 inches
- Part Number : 817568
- Brand : FLOWMASTER
- Stainless Steel Construction
- 50HD muffler with built-in resonator
- It has Dyno tuned for maximum performance.
- Moderate aggressive exterior exhaust-sound tone
- Includes hangers and hardware for easy installation
- Uses the Factory Hanger Location
- A heavyweight product for big wheels
- Constructed of heavy stainless steel.
- Has a lifetime warranty
- Designed by Flowmaster, boss of the mufflers market
- Very easy to install : can be installed at home
- Quiet when idle with smooth gas ejection
THINGS to BE AWARE of (CONS)
- Interior parts sometimes require replacement
- Too Pricey as compared to all the competitors
- May give a little more interior sound than some stock mufflers
- Might not provide much good performance than factory or stock exhausts
- The vehicle’s tail-pipe may not fit properly into muffler-flange tab/slot
- Does not fit the trucks with single built-in tailpipes (including the 2019 new body RAM 1500 trucks)
- Average lifespan of 2 years
- Has California Proposition 65 Warning
Going for your own choice of sound, you may choose from a series of exhaust mufflers in the market, designed for application on different vehicles. The spacious series often homes all the variety – products that make sounds ranging from mild to loud, and aggressive tones too – for you to pick up the one with the distinct sound you choose. The mufflers often come in Aluminized Steel or just Stainless Steel construction – for your choice of safety and polished look. But one thing that always limits your choice is whether the chosen muffler would accurately fit your vehicle or not.
To put an end to such nuisance, ‘Universal’ mufflers came into manufacture. As the name suggests, they fit in with almost 99% of the vehicles on the road.
TOTALFLOW has been dedicated to the expansion of producing not only the direct fit performance exhaust mufflers, but also the universal ones.TOTALFLOW 442516 409 is just another of the list. To be rest assured, they always manufacture stainless-steel exhaust-systems that maximize the energy efficiency and most importantly, provide an awesome tone to meet your expectations – you can call it ‘the great TOTALFLOW tone’.
TOTALFLOW 442516 409 comes with an aluminium coating over the steel – retaining the chance of that shiny polish ! You must be surprised to know, it offers 10 ALTERNATIVE CONFIGURATIONS to meet customer expectations and vehicle versatility. It has been designed to be budget friendly without sacrificing the quality, and you can take it as one of the best versatile mufflers available on the market.
We have gathered all the specs for you here :
Available Configurations :
- 2.5″ Center In, 2.25″ Dual Out
- 2.5″ Center In, 2.5″ Center Out
- 2.5″ Center In, 2.5″ Offset Out
- 2.5″ Dual In, 2.5″ Dual Out
- 2.5″ Offset In, 2.5″ Dual Offset OUT
- 2.5″ Offset In, 2.5″ Center Out
- 2.5″ Offset In, 2.5″ Offset Out
- 3″ Center In, 2.5″ Dual Out
- 3″ Center In, 3″ Center Out
- 3″ Offset In, 3″ Center Out
- Body Weight : 5.8 Pounds
- Dimension : 12.5 * 9.5 * 4 inches
- Part Number : 442516
- Brand : TOTALFLOW
- Universal single chamber muffler
- Compact size – fits almost everywhere!
- Constructed with durable 409 Stainless Steel
- Fully MIG welded 16 gauge aluminized Steel
- Aggressive exterior exhaust-sound tone
- Noticeable interior resonance
- Made from heavy gauge material.
- Made in USA – California based manufacturer
- Universal Muffler- not a direct fit. Can be installed almost on all vehicles with some minor adaptations
- MIG aluminium welding on the 409 Stainless Steel provides long life
- The exterior sound has a good aggressive tone
- Good enough street and off-road performance
- Very good pricing
- The exhaust-sounds may sometimes be louder than stock mufflers or like driving with none
- Not durable for rough use
- Baffles may break soon
- The color-coating of some models boil off easily
- Contains California Proposition 65 Warning
The 17637 Welded Muffler is an addition to the already reputed bandwagon of Thrush’s mufflers. Till date,Thrush has been a staple of hot products for over 50 years. As these performance mufflers bring together the power efficiency and sound quality opted by enthusiasts, Thrush continues to haul the market. Now-a-days, Thrush products count more as an emotional resonance to its fans as the sound itself. This product likewise brings forth the excellences expected as always.
It is often thought impractical to expect a combination of all-around perfection in a single product. You may have chosen one for its impressive sound quality but found it lasting a few months. Next, you may have opted for a sturdy piece, and found that the sound was better without anything. Thus, you may have already given up your hope to get the perfect combination after you tried a handful of them – the ones with the most reviews, the best seller ones – but none to your purpose.
Then, worry no more. 17637 Welded Muffler shall be able to satisfy you the best. Not only you shall find Its sound quality exhilarating, but the durable structure will serve you for years. This muffler comes with everything expected – sound, strength, and also an elegant look.
The aluminium coating enables you to get the shiny polish over the muffler, and you would be able to install it to a wide range of vehicles. While the muffler soothes your ears and heart with its confident exhaust-tone , it would keep your pocket safe, costing only a few bucks.
Let’s see the specifications of this wonderful muffler below :
- Inlet Diameter : 2.250 inches
- Inlet Quantity : Two Inlet
- Location : Offset
- Outlet Diameter : 2.250 inches
- Outlet Quantity : Two Outlet
- Location : Offset
- Internal Construction : Chambered Muffler
- Material : Steel
- Muffler Finish : Aluminized Case
- Body Weight : 12.33 pounds
- Dimension : 23.8 * 10.2 * 4.5 inches
- Part Number : 17637
- Brand : THRUSH
- It’s 100% aluminized steel
- The muffler has a revisable design
- Made as a Universal muffler
- Leak-free spun-locked heads
- Two chambered design
- High temperature metallic finish (304 polished stainless steel)
- Available in 23″ overall length
- Available in 2.25 inch inlet and outlet
- Manufactured In the USA
- Thrush logo embossed on muffler cover for authentication
- Parts Warranty available
- Included in Amazon’s Choice for “dual in dual out muffler“
- Amazon’s Best Seller no.57 in ‘Automotive Performance Exhaust Mufflers’
- Amazon’s Best Seller no.68 in ‘Automotive Replacement Exhaust Mufflers’
- Aluminized and fully welded steel structures have made it extreme durable
- Sufficiently well-built and handles the welding nicely
- High temperature metallic finish and polished stainless steel
- A wide range of compatibility as all universal mufflers
- Superior Sound Quality : you shall get a deep throaty sound like a truck should have
- Two chamber design provides a deep aggressive tone.
- The two outlets give a unique beefy muscle-car sound
- Sounds of acceleration and deceleration are smooth and impressive
- Authentication available with logos engraved on the muffler cover
- Very Good Pricing
THINGS to BE AWARE of (CONS)
- The muffler diameter is poorly designed and needs improvement
- Heats up during long distance
- The muffler is not reversible
- Sound quality degrades after 2500 RPMs
- Using little more than usual throttle may set off car alarms with this installed
- Includes California Proposition 65 Warning
Why you need the best sounding muffler?
Choosing the appropriate muffler for your vehicle is important. In most cases, these units often comprise of unique structures that provide as many different functionalities. When you want to learn more about ‘how to choose a cool sounding muffler’, it’s crucial that you make an informed choice. Consider the following factors:
Type of muffler
Broadly speaking, there are three main types of car mufflers that are available today. They include the cancellation, diffusion and absorption types. Each type of muffler often has a unique mechanism for muffling the sound and noise produced from the engine. When choosing the appropriate muffler, consult with a certified car professional to provide the best insight. Besides that, the type of exhaust system that you have also played a major role in determining the muffler structure of your car. If your vehicle features a single exhaust, then consider installing the single muffler. Furthermore, if your car has a double exhaust, then consider installing the double muffler.
Determine your needs
You will also have to evaluate the ideal qualities that you seek in a good sounding muffler. In most cases, the mufflers are designed one of two things. For one, they will make a louder and powerful, while compromising the fuel economy. More so, these things are also designed to make your car much quieter and to improve fuel efficiency, while reducing power. For those who want to make their car fun and fast, then you might consider the former option. Besides that, if you want to improve the practicality of your vehicle, then consider the latter option.
Purchase and install the muffler
While automotive parts are designed to improve car functionality, most of these things are sometimes prone to damage or not working. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you purchase parts that have sufficient warranties. Also, before you order for a muffler, consider shopping around for a suitable warranty, while also paying attention to important aspects such as customer ratings.
You may also opt to install the muffler professionally. A good mechanic should install the muffler appropriately, and in relation to the performance requirements of your car. Choosing the correct sound muffler is a critical aspect of enhancing the value of your car. Once you are satisfied that you’ve chosen the right muffler, take the car for a test drive. Some of the critical aspects to evaluate at this point include the fuel consumption and the quality of the sound produced by the muffler.
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Correct Sounding Muffler
The ideal muffler should substantially contribute to the overall performance and appearance of your vehicle. Consider some of the following key features when choosing the ideal muffler for your car`s needs
Exhaust diameter- perhaps one of the most critical factors to address when selecting the muffler relates to the width of the exhaust system. You can invest in adaptors that allow you to integrate a performance muffler to the exhaust with a varying diameter size. However, this is sometimes not recommended because it cannot provide a secure fitting.
The cars that feature exhaust diameter adaptors may also not produce sufficient power and a high-quality sound. More so, these structures can prove to be dangerous, especially when used for long durations and without adequate maintenance. Determining the size of the diameter is simple. This process might require the services of a competent car professional.
However, you can still perform a DIY evaluation process, provided that you proceed with caution. For instance, ensure that the car has not been running for at least an hour, to ensure that the exhaust system has cooled down. Following this, use a measuring tape to measure the exhaust pipe diameter.
Materials and size
Once you are aware of the diameter of your car`s exhaust system, you can then come up with a list of possible mufflers for your needs. Most of the car mufflers are classified under the free-flowing mufflers category, which provides a large space through which the sound can vibrate. This unique design offers a deeper sound, rather than increasing power and performance gains to the engine.
Additionally, a high-quality performance muffler is also built using durable components. This included aluminized structures or carbon filters, which are known for providing high performance. As always, it is highly recommended that you also consult with a car professional when unsure. Similar to purchasing any best car accessory, the quality of the parts construction is directly related to the price of the given car muffler.
- Brand- the brand of your chosen muffler is important. Some of the top brands that you may come across include DynoMAX and Walker.
- Customer ratings- the average customer rating that the given muffler on your car has received is important. This is also referred to as customer-generated content, and its crucial towards your ability to make a good choice.
- Professional advice- not many people are informed about the mechanical and technical aspects of a car. Therefore consider professional advice if you want reliable information and insight
- Car brand- the brand of your car also determines the muffler that you can install in the car structure. Also, electric and petrol cars often use different types of mufflers
- Fuel efficiency- fuel efficiency is also an important value for most car owners today. The fuel efficiency is important, especially because most mufflers are designed with performance in mind
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ) About Sounding Mufflers:
Question: Is it illegal to take off a muffler from the vehicle?
Answer: Actually, it depends on your location. In some cities and towns in the US, there might be laws against an exhaust that goes over a certain decibel level limit or even just having a modified exhaust at all. The best way to be safe is to check your local laws to find out what’s considered illegal.
Question: Does muffler affect the sound of my vehicle?
Answer: By design, a muffler’s primary purpose is to reduce sound, but it can play a vital role in your car’s overall performance as well. As we all know, the faster an engine is able to get rid of all of the produced exhaust gases, the more it is able to generate power, and with it comes the noise. A mufflers job is to reduce that noise to a tolerable degree. Moreover, it is required by law to have a muffler within your vehicle.
However, mufflers can also restrict exhaust flow or create backpressure, which slightly slows down your engine.
Question: What does a bad muffler sound like?
Answer: You will know that your vehicle muffler has gone bad if you hear an excessively loud exhaust making a hissing or tapping sound that may become more pronounced at the time of acceleration.
Question: What’s the best sounding muffler for a v8 engine?
Answer: We recommend the Flowmaster 953047 Super 40 Muffler for a v8 engine. It has a deep and powerful sound, much like the original 40 series but with all the benefits of performance. Furthermore, its Delta Flow technology ensures low interior resonance. It’s perfect for a v8 engine.
Question: Does muffler placement affect the sound of my car?
Answer: Yes, it does. Most people doesn’t care much about a well-placed muffler but it can make quite a bit of difference.
If you put the mufflers further back where the exhaust is cooler, it lets you run a more restrictive and more noise-free muffler compared to putting it further forward. It also has comparatively less performance penalty.
Question: Does having a loud exhaust use more fuel?
Answer: The answer is no if you are talking about a muffler or just the end of the exhaust. But, in the case of a boosted or modified car, it could mean more fuel consumption. A loud exhaust means that the vehicle is generating more power and that naturally requires more fuel.
Question: Does it matter which way a muffler goes on?
Answer: Well, it actually makes little to no difference. It might matter for some mufflers that are directional, but in that case, there should be an arrow for the flow.
Question: Will removing the muffler damage the engine?
Answer: No, it won’t. The purpose of a muffler is to reduce the exhaust sound. But, it reduces the engines horsepower and fuel efficiency. If you remove the muffler it will only increase the engine performance. Keep in mind that it may also increase the fuel consumption.
Related Post: Best Jeep Soft Top Reviews 2021
Video Review to Buy Top Rated Sounding Mufflers
To sum it all up, taking good care of your car should be an important priority. We have identified some of the best sounding mufflers for you to consider. Equip your car with one of these best sounding mufflers for better car performance. By doing so, you will definitely enjoy a new sound. Shopping for the best car accessories is sometimes not a simple task. Choosing the right muffler is perhaps one of the best investments that one can make for their cars. The muffler models that we have available on this list are not only meant for performance enhancements. These mufflers are also chosen with regard to the aesthetic value that they add towards the overall value of your car.
Recommended Products from Amazon:
Related Post –