Steaming your car is a highly effective way to clean your vehicle and keep it looking brand new. However, you may find yourself on the internet, searching for the “best steam cleaner for car” you can find. This kind of search can yield a large number of results, and if you’re unsure of what to look for in a car steamer, this amount of information can be overwhelming.
Instead, we’ve done the research compiled a comprehensive list of some of the most effective car steamers out there so that you don’t have to. We’ve weighed many factors in order to determine the best steamers out there, evaluating each steamer’s maximum temperature, cleaning modes, attachments, and more in order to ensure we have found the best of the best.
While many of these steamers are designed for both indoor and outdoor use, some steamers are more compact and designed specifically for vehicular use. Regardless of the type of steamer you prefer, we are confident that each steamer listed below is well-designed and will leave your car feeling nearly as good-as-new.
- 1 Top 10 Best Steam Cleaner for Car Reviews 2020
- 2 1. Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Fully Upgraded
- 3 2. McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System, 1-(Pack), Black
- 4 3. Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer for Floors, Cars
- 5 4. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner with 18 Accessories
- 6 5. PurSteam World’s Best Steamers Chemical-Free Cleaning PurSteam Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner
- 7 6. McCulloch MC1375 Canister Steam System, Black
- 8 7. AutoRight C900054.M Red SteamMachine Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
- 9 8. Pure Enrichment PureClean XL Rolling Steam Cleaner – 1500-Watt
- 10 9. Wagner Spraytech Multipurpose Wallpaper Removal Wagner 0282014 915
- 11 10. Steamfast SF-370WH Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
- 12 Key Features
- 13 Best Car Steam Cleaner Buying Guide
- 14 Indoor & Outdoor Use
- 15 Temperature
- 16 Attachments
- 17 Handheld vs. Wheeled
- 18 Tips to Buy Car Steam Cleaner (Video Review)
- 19 FAQ About Car Steam Cleaner
- 20 How hot does a steamer need to be?
- 21 Are steamers safe to use in vehicles?
- 22 Why should I steam my vehicle?
- 23 Can I use a steamer on all parts of my vehicle?
- 24 Should I purchase multiple steamers?
- 25 Final Words
- 26 Share this:
- 27 Related
Top 10 Best Steam Cleaner for Car Reviews 2020
1. Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Fully Upgraded
This cleaner is more than just a car steamer, although its steaming capabilities are impressive. This remote controlled cleaning unit comes with a wide variety of functions, making it a great multipurpose cleaner. This 3-in-1 unit is a vacuum, steamer, and a mop all in one.
This unit is capable of cleaning many surfaces, allowing it to work in your home as well as your car. Utilize the vacuum mode to first clean your car, then switch over to the steam mode to ensure your car is perfectly detailed.
Owners looking to use the Coredy to clean their homes will find it easy to program. Owners can set the unit to clean at certain times of the day, and only in certain rooms thanks to programmable boundary strips.
- Remote controlled.
- Easily schedule cleaning times and program cleaning preferences.
- 5 distinct and effective cleaning modes.
- Programmable boundary strips keep it in the right room.
- Capable of 120 minutes of constant cleaning.
2. McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System, 1-(Pack), Black
This powerful cleaner provides a wide variety of functionality for those looking for an all-in-one cleaning solution. This unit is equipped with multiple attachments, making cleaning your car a breeze. With a 10 foot long hose, cleaning is easy.
Simply select the attachment that works best for your car, most likely one of the nozzles, set the unit to steaming mode, and allow it to work its magic. Thanks to the large 64-ounce tank, you will get a greater steaming time and power than smaller units meant only for cleaning cars.
Able to heat water up to over 200 degrees Fahrenheit, this steamer is seriously powerful. Using such a strong steamer will leave your car feeling completely clean and as good as new. What’s more, you will be able to use the steamer for cleaning your home as well, thanks to the mop attachment.
- All-natural cleaning solution, free of chemicals.
- 64-ounce water tank.
- Heats up in just 12 minutes.
- 23 accessories including brushes, angled nozzles, and mop.
- Able to run for 120 minutes straight.
3. Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer for Floors, Cars
This powerful steaming system is capable of heating up to 275 degrees Fahrenheit – powerful enough to kill any germs or bacteria lurking in your car. In fact, this Dupray model backs this claim, stating that their steamer is capable of killing a whopping 99.9% of bacteria!
Providing 50 minutes up cleaning time and warming up in just 7 minutes, this is a great steamer model for those looking for a simple yet effective steaming solution for their car as well as their home.
The Dupray steamer is easily portable thanks to its handle, easily retractable for storage purposes. With a 6’6″ hose and lightweight, this model is simple to transport inside and outside your home. When using the Dupray to steam inside your home, you will be thankful for the hose’s effective reach and easily filled tank, able to hold 64 ounces of water.
- Complete with multiple cleaning modes.
- Able to reach temperatures of up to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It provides 50 minutes of cleaning time.
- It requires no special cloth for cleaning.
4. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner with 18 Accessories
This heavy-duty steamer comes with a wide variety of attachments, each ideal for a different type of surface. Users looking to steam their vehicles will be glad for both the jet nozzle and brush attachments.
While attachments such as the mop will work great for the flooring in your home, it is easy to imagine uses for your vehicle when it comes to most of these attachments. As this steamer can reach around 200 degrees Fahrenheit, it will be able to both clean and sanitize your vehicle.
What’s more, this model comes with the option to lock the steam trigger, meaning you will not have to push down on the button constantly in order to release a constant stream of steam, ideal for longer steaming sessions.
- Backed by a 2-year guarantee.
- Equipped with a 48-ounce tank.
- Heats up in 8 minutes, providing 45 minutes of steaming.
- Complete with 18 accessories.
- Over 15-foot long power cord and 9-foot long steamer hose.
5. PurSteam World’s Best Steamers Chemical-Free Cleaning PurSteam Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner
Setting itself apart from other steaming units, the PurSteam is a small, handheld unit. If you are looking for a steamer that you will mainly use for your vehicle or one that is designed with your vehicle in mind, the PurSteam model is ideal.
This model’s attachments include a window squeegee, nylon brush, ironing brush, straight and bent nozzles, as well as an extension hose. Cleaning and steaming every surface of your vehicle inside and out with these attachments is simple and effective.
What’s more, this unit is able to heat up within 3 to 4 minutes, making it fast and simple to use. Keeping your car clean is simple with an easy-to-use, no-fuss handheld steaming model such as the PurSteam, which uses all-natural components and is chemical-free.
- Includes 9 accessories ideal for car steaming.
- Heats quickly, with a tank the ideal size for cleaning a vehicle.
- It comes with a 9.8-foot hose.
- Includes premium quality components.
- Strong enough to disinfect nearly any surface.
6. McCulloch MC1375 Canister Steam System, Black
This McCulloch canister system steamer is able to heat up in a matter of 10 simple minutes, providing 90 minutes of continuous steaming time. With a high psi, 58, those looking to blast away tough stains will be impressed with this system’s capabilities.
Equipped with 20 accessories, including a powerful jet nozzle, multiple brushes, a mop attachment, and a scraper, this model of a steamer is one of the most versatile ones out there. Those looking for a steamer that can tackle almost any surface will enjoy the McCulloch.
Even better, the unit’s scraper attachment is ideal for those looking to clean the outside of their vehicles, while the brush attachments make it simple to clean your car’s upholstery. Top it off with tackling hard-to-reach crevices with the jet nozzle and your vehicle will be cleaner than ever before.
- Emits and impressive 58 psi water pressure for getting rid of tough stains.
- Deep cleans and sanitizes with natural components.
- Complete with a 48-ounce water tank.
- It comes with 20 accessories for indoor and outdoor use.
- 18-foot power cord makes it easy to steam efficiently.
7. AutoRight C900054.M Red SteamMachine Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
This is a steamer model intuitively designed to provide your vehicle with the best clean. Thanks to the high temperatures this steamer can reach, 290 degrees Fahrenheit, it is likely to blast away any dirt and grime that hs caked up on your vehicle.
This small unit is lightweight and comes with a carrying handle that makes it easy to use in your vehicle as well as transport between vehicles. Equipped with 11 accessories, you will be able to clean almost any vehicle surface.
This steamer is ideal for nearly any surface, including leather interior, upholstery, carpet, etc. Its multiple nozzle attachments make it ideal for steaming the outside of your vehicle as well, meaning your car will get a complete cleaning.
Those looking for a simple yet effective steamer designed specifically for cleaning vehicles will likely enjoy the AutoRight’s no-nonsense approach to its comprehensive car cleaning system.
- Steam is able to reach 290 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Easily transported for cleaning your vehicle.
- It comes with 11 inventive accessories.
- Has a 40-ounce tank.
- It provides 45 minutes of continuous steaming time.
8. Pure Enrichment PureClean XL Rolling Steam Cleaner – 1500-Watt
This unit is designed in the style of a standalone unit, meaning it is equipped with an extremely large-capacity water tank. This wheeled unit makes transporting the heavy-duty steamer a breeze and is easily made to be compact without sacrificing power.
Providing heavy-duty, targeted steam cleaning, this unit is meant to pack a punch. While the PureClean is ideal for cleaning one’s home and is compatible with many surfaces, including tile grout, granite, laminate, and more, it is also ideal for cleaning vehicles.
Thanks to the long reach of the unit’s power cord and hose, this unit will be perfect when propped right outside your vehicle. Utilize the powerful nozzle attachments to ensure your vehicle is clean inside and out. Equipped with a squeegee, you will be able to clean your vehicle’s windows without leaving streaks.
- 1500-watt complete household cleaning system.
- Includes 18 useful accessories.
- Equipped with a 1.5-liter water tank.
- It provides 45 minutes of continuous steaming.
- It comes with an extended 16-foot power cord.
9. Wagner Spraytech Multipurpose Wallpaper Removal Wagner 0282014 915
This easy-to-use steamer comes with 9 intuitive attachments, including a squeegee, brushes, powerful nozzle, floor cleaners, extension tubes, and more. These attachments will allow you to clean both the interior of your vehicle, thanks to the brush attachments, and exterior, thanks to the squeegee, simply and efficiently.
Wagner is simple and intuitive to use. Simply fill the unit with the amount of water that you need, select your preferred attachment, and turn the unit on. The steamer will indicate when it has reached the proper temperature when its red light turns on.
This is a small, wheeled unit, making it simple to use indoors as well as outdoors. Although it is a compact unit, it is able to reach high temperatures and hold an impressive amount of water, allowing it to contend with more heavy-duty models.
- Able to reach temperatures of up to 212 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Holds up to 48 ounces of water.
- Able to run for 45 minutes continuously.
- Intuitive to use.
- It provides powerful cleaning without the use of chemicals.
10. Steamfast SF-370WH Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
The Steamfast is aptly named, as it is able to tackle difficult surfaces with ease. Able to reach 200 degrees Fahrenheit, this unit is powerful enough to pack an impressive punch. Complete with a jet nozzle, brushes, scrubber, and more, you will be able to tackle surfaces of your vehicle like never before.
100% chemical-free and equipped with a 15-foot power cord, you will be able to clean multiple surfaces efficiently without worrying about doing any possible damage to them. Able to heat up in just 8 minutes, you will be able to get to steaming at an impressive rate.
This unit is also complete with a continuous steaming lock mode, freeing one of your hands from having to hold onto a button the entire time you are steaming. This makes steaming breeze, as this unit’s name would imply. Steam quickly and effectively with the Steamfast’s intuitive steaming system.
- It provides a whopping 1500-watts of pressurized steam power.
- Equipped with a 45-ounce water tank.
- It provides 45 minutes of continuous steaming power.
- It comes with 15 accessories.
- Able to lock and unlock a continuous steaming trigger.
Best Car Steam Cleaner Buying Guide
While all of the aforementioned steamers are impressive, it can be difficult to decide what steamer is the one for you – especially when it comes to deciding what steamer will take care of your vehicle. As a car owner, you know that your vehicle is depreciating every day.
Keeping your vehicle clean and in good shape can make a world of difference, and selecting the correct steamer is crucial to this process. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of attributes you should consider before committing to such an important purchase. Be sure to look for the best steam cleaner for car usage before committing to one steamer.
Indoor & Outdoor Use
Before purchasing a steamer, consider what you will be using it for. If you will simply be using it to steam your vehicle, a smaller more portable unit will likely be ideal.
You’ll want to look for attachments such as squeegees, brushes, and jet nozzles that allow you to dig into every nook and cranny of your vehicle and clean it completely and effectively.
However, you may find it to be a wiser decision to purchase a more heavy-duty steamer that can be used both inside your home as well as your vehicle. These units are heavier and harder to transport but may be well worth the money you are spending on a multipurpose steamer.
Consider the temperatures your steamer is able to reach and what you are trying to accomplish for steaming. The best steam cleaner for car usage will be able to reach over 200 degrees Fahrenheit. This is essential for killing bacteria and any other unwanted creatures that have nestled their way into your vehicle.
Most steamers come with versatile attachments. Some are more well-equipped than others, but it is up to you to decide if those are all attachments that you are likely to use.
Consider your vehicle’s upholstery and decide if you will need a brush attachment. Looking to steam the outside of your vehicle as well? A squeegee will likely prove to be essential. Don’t worry about purchasing attachments that will prove needless to you.
Handheld vs. Wheeled
This is a matter of preference. While some prefer smaller units they can bring into their vehicle with them, others will prefer wheeled attachments that will sit easily outside their vehicles.
Tips to Buy Car Steam Cleaner (Video Review)
FAQ About Car Steam Cleaner
How hot does a steamer need to be?
Your steamer should get up to around 212 degrees Fahrenheit. This will take care of nearly any bacteria present in your vehicle without damaging any surfaces within your vehicle.
212 degrees Fahrenheit is also the accepted temperature at which steam is produced, meaning nearly any steamer will be able to reach this temperature. It is likely that your steamer does not need to be any hotter than this in order to clean your vehicle effectively. Higher temperatures may even prove to be dangerous.
In fact, when tackling pests such as bed bugs, steamers that reach too high of temperatures can prove to be highly ineffective.
Are steamers safe to use in vehicles?
The correct, natural steamers are perfectly ideal to use in vehicles. Be sure to choose steamers that reach bacteria-killing yet safe temperatures in order to ensure you are not damaging your vehicle’s surfaces.
Keeping the steamer away from your body is essential to your safety while using the steamer in your vehicle.
Why should I steam my vehicle?
Steaming is a fast and efficient way to clean your vehicle without incorporating any damaging chemicals. Those looking for a way to clean their vehicle without heavily impacting the environment should look into steaming as a viable cleaning alternative.
Steaming is simple and safe for your vehicle as well as the environment, and provides a deep clean. While keeping your vehicle appearing brand-new, you will be afforded the peace of mind of knowing that you have effectively killed varying strands of bacteria in your vehicle each time you steam.
Can I use a steamer on all parts of my vehicle?
It may seem obvious, but keep your steamer away from any electrical parts and focus on the interior and exterior of your vehicle.
When steaming the inside of your vehicle, be sure to avoid steaming metal parts such as seat belt buckles or seat zippers, as they can easily burn you while you are in the process of steaming your vehicle thanks to the steamer’s high temperatures.
Should I purchase multiple steamers?
While many steamers are perfect for both indoor and outdoor use, you may find it ideal to purchase a steamer just for your vehicle while owning a separate steamer for your home.
Steamers designed for use in your home can usually be used to clean your vehicle easily but may be heavier than other units. Steamers designed for use in vehicles will typically be smaller and easily transported to your vehicle for quick and easy usage.
There are many effective steamers for vehicles out there, and many of them are able to get the job done. When selecting the correct steamer for you, you’ll have to be sure to weigh the personal factors that are important to you.
Consider if you will use the vehicle for just your vehicle or multiple surfaces within your home. Consider the steamer’s weight, and if you will be able to carry it around effectively.
Those will multiple vehicles may enjoy having a high capacity steamer, while it may simply be a detriment for others. When it comes to the aforementioned steamer models, each is of great quality in its own way.
In fact, so many varying models exist in order to provide the perfect custom cleaning solutions on an individual basis. Consider what you need from a steamer before making your purchase, but know that you likely cannot go wrong when purchasing any of the steamers recommended above.