We know that BRZ is one of the most popular sports cars. It comes with some fascinating features and instant power. However, the car comes with an FA20 engine which is powerful. But without adding an additional turbo, you cannot expect much.
Finding out the best turbo kit for BRZ isn’t an easy-breezy task. As many options are available nowadays, it may be harder for you to learn all the twists and turns and find out a single one.
Those who are in such a maze, don’t worry. We are here with some of the best turbo BRZ kits reviews. We make this analysis based on different issues such as performance, price, reliability, durability, etc.
- 1 The 5 Best Turbo Kit for BRZ in Details
- 2 1. WORKS 2017-2019 BRZ / 86 Stage 2 Turbo Kit
- 3 Key Features
- 4 Pros
- 5 Cons
- 6 2. Tomioka Racing TD05-20G Turbo Kit for the Subaru BRZ
- 7 Key Features
- 8 Pros
- 9 Cons
- 10 3. AVO Turbocharger Kit for the Subaru BRZ, Scion FR-S, and Toyota GT86 AVO 13+ Subaru BRZ / 13
- 11 Key Features
- 12 Pros
- 13 Cons
- 14 4. TEKKOAUTO 667-203 Turbo Charger Turbocharger Kit
- 15 Pros
- 16 Cons
- 17 5. LSx 1000 HP Chevy Twin Turbo Kit Turbocharger v8 LS1 LS2 LS6 LS7 Vband Ls Vortec
- 18 Pros
- 19 Cons
- 20 Ultimate Video Guide: Why Do You Need to Turbo Your BRZ!
- 21 Frequently Asked Questions About Turbo Kit for BRZ in 2021
- 22 Conclusion
- 23 Share this:
- 24 Related
The 5 Best Turbo Kit for BRZ in Details
Now see some models of the best turbo kit for BRZ. It will help you much to have a necessary idea about the kit. Stick till the end and then choose the most suitable turbo kit.
1. WORKS 2017-2019 BRZ / 86 Stage 2 Turbo Kit
WORKS is a well-known company for Turbo Kit. This model of turbo BRZ kit is the latest one. This calibration is a great one as a substantial power bump. Besides, it retains the best stock drivability properties.
This high-end kit comes with the latest T4 turbocharger and 8 cm 2 turbine housing. This same type of charger is used in some of the upgraded models of the kits. However, the peak power of this kit is between 7300-7800 RPM.
Besides, it works smoothly on a stock engine for its broad powerband. This powerful BRZ supercharger comes with a 4-1 SUS Exhaust Turbo manifold, an air pipe, silicone turbo hose, etc. All the components work together and provide maximum flow from the turbocharger.
Active valve train oil control makes the Works Stage 2 kit more convenient. In addition, this component is used as a throttle part on the modified engines.
You will enjoy a great drivability improvement in your car because the kit increases low-end torque. Besides, enjoy the top-end power with this kit when needed. The installation process is not so hard. Easily do it with some ordinary tools. It is like a plug-and-play installation.
- Comes with an 8 cm 2 compressor housing and internal wastegate
- The air intake pipe is available to flow enough air to its Garrett GTX2867R turbocharger
- The valvetrain oil control system is working as part of the throttle. It also reduces noise and improves the stability of the engine
- The turbo comes with a silicone inlet hose to ensure maximum performance
- Ceramic coated pipes
- 50-state legal CARB Executive compliant
2. Tomioka Racing TD05-20G Turbo Kit for the Subaru BRZ
The Tomioka brand is also a well-known brand for turbo kits. So if you need an all-in-one solution for your Subaru BRZ at a cheaper price, you can purchase this kit. It is also good for Scion FRS, Toyota 86 models. It will add great additional power to your sports car.
However, the package comes with a TD05-20G billet wheel charger and wastegate actuator. The compressor wheel works to increase the airflow. As a result, it works more efficiently than the traditional wheel.
On the other hand, the wastegate actuator boosts the stock engine at high RPM. When the dyno starts tuning, the kit provides 65% more peak power, substantial power, and also the torque gain. The kit includes the following:
An exhaust manifold, Front mount intercooler, Charge pipe, Downpipe, Blow-off valve, Air intake, Some other necessary equipment.
- It Comes with a billet wheel charger, wastegate actuator
- K and N air intake available
- Good power improvement and torque gain at any RPM range
- 4-in-1 exhaust manifold
3. AVO Turbocharger Kit for the Subaru BRZ, Scion FR-S, and Toyota GT86 AVO 13+ Subaru BRZ / 13
If you are searching for a Subaru BRZ turbo kit to upgrade the BRZ Subaru, you can try this model of AVO. To make your Subaru more powerful, this one is good. It allows you to increase 237 more.
The kit comes with a front mount intercooler. Besides, the pipes are coated with ceramic which makes the turbocharger kit standard.
However, if you do not have an oil line kit, you should purchase one with this item. It is just our suggestion to get the best result.
The kit contains all necessary piping, clamps, couplers. Besides, you will get a turbo blanket. You can use it to insulate the turbo when it is heated between the pulls.
- It comes with a front mount intercooler
- The pipes are 3-inch and made of Aluminum Mandrel-bent
- Y-pipe is 2.5” and comes with race cats
- The turbo also contains a TIG Welded crossover pipe made of Aluminum
- Oil feed line and return line are also available
4. TEKKOAUTO 667-203 Turbo Charger Turbocharger Kit
TEKKOAUTO 667-203 is a great turbocharger kit for specific cars such as Chevy Cruze, Sonic Trax, and others. A turbocharger is a component added to a vehicle’s engine to improve the efficiency and performance of the vehicle.
This turbo kit can improve the efficiency of the car up to 35% extra horses. If you use it, the machine will start in a short time and boost the engine fast. However, this one is made of casting alloy and looks solid. So, it can tolerate high pressure.
It is highly recommended that you install the kit with the help of an expert. The sound that it creates is not that repulsive. But sound-sensitive people should avoid buying this one
5. LSx 1000 HP Chevy Twin Turbo Kit Turbocharger v8 LS1 LS2 LS6 LS7 Vband Ls Vortec
If you love twin-turbo packages, this one is the best turbo kit for BRZ. It is a complete package. However, the package contains the parts that can produce 1000 horsepower with necessary modifications.
If you compare it to other kits, you may find a complete package at an affordable price. The kit also comes with a cooling solution that keeps the engine cool with a powerful fan and intercooler. In addition, an electric timer is available to ensure hassle-free operation.
It adds great horsepower to the motor. The package contains a turbocharger, turbo manifolds, oiling kits, manual boost controller, piping kit, etc. For this reason, the engine management job with this kit is amazing. In addition, the stainless steel exhaust system makes it more durable.
Ultimate Video Guide: Why Do You Need to Turbo Your BRZ!
Frequently Asked Questions About Turbo Kit for BRZ in 2021
- Q: How much time do you need to install a turbo kit?
Ans: The installation depends on experience and mechanical aptitude. However, a typical installation takes from 8 hours to a full day. If you don’t have previous experience, it is better to avoid self-installation.
- Q: How safe is it to use a Turbo kit?
Ans: Shortly, we can say that the turbo kit is safe. But in detail, the issue depends on several matters. First, when you charge a flat-four Subaru engine, look at the place of cylinders. They have kept an awkward place.
Besides, forced induction is also bad. So, ensure that the turbocharger is easily and properly installed.
- Q: Is the turbo BRZ kit costly?
Ans: Yes, a turbo kit is a costly device. The price range is $3000-$4000 as an initial estimation. Within this price, you will get some specific parts. Sometimes, you have to purchase some other parts separately.
- Q: Is it possible to put turbo in Subaru BRZ
Ans: Turbocharger is the easy way to increase the power of the engine. But in the case of Subaru, for the latest version of the car, you will not get a turbocharger soon.
- Q: What are the benefits of turbocharger vs. supercharger?
Ans: A turbocharger offers more benefits than a supercharger. The main reason is that it is more efficient because it uses existing exhaust gasses. Besides, it keeps the engine cool. On the other hand, the supercharger is less flexible. The main advantage of a supercharger is that it comes with a simple design.
I have described a few best turbo kits for BRZ. These kits come with attractive features. Works turbo kits are always a great choice for all users. However, it is mainly good for California residents. You need mechanical skills to install it properly.
While mounting the turbocharger, you also have to add intercooler, oil, and coolant lines to the engine. So now choose the best brz turbo kit.
We have tried to make it easy to understand which one can be best for you. Now it’s your turn to choose, buddy.