Draining old oil from your vehicle’s engine is a task that is dreaded by many car owners because it takes a lot of work. However, with an effective oil extractor, you can transform this tiresome work into a cakewalk! You won’t have to visit the repair shop every time your oil needs changing because these tools make it so easy that you can do it all by yourself! It’s fine if you’ve never done it before because we’re here to tell you exactly how to use an oil extractor like a professional! Keep on reading for an in-depth guide!
Steaming your car is a highly effective way to clean your vehicle and keep it looking brand new. However, you may find yourself on the internet, searching for the “best steam cleaner for car” you can find. This kind of search can yield a large number of results, and if you’re unsure of what to look for in a car steamer, this amount of information can be overwhelming.
Instead, we’ve done the research compiled a comprehensive list of some of the most effective car steamers out there so that you don’t have to. We’ve weighed many factors in order to determine the best steamers out there, evaluating each steamer’s maximum temperature, cleaning modes, attachments, and more in order to ensure we have found the best of the best.
When it comes to your car, you want to do everything right. You know that how it runs depends on how well you treat it. That’s why you do your research when it comes to parts. Car batteries are important because they help your car start properly and in all kinds of weather conditions, including freezing temperatures. That’s why you want the best car battery.
The following are some best car battery reviews. They should help you choose the best car battery for winter and the best car battery for hot weather. There will be a range in pricing as well from a cheap car battery to an expensive car battery.
We also include the best portable car battery. Let’s get started on helping you choose from this list of options that will be the best car battery for cold weather that is conducive to your needs.
Top 10 Best Car Battery for Cold Weather Reveiw 2020
1. Odyssey PC680 Battery Check detail on Amazon
This battery is backed by the Odyssey name. It has a warranty and is made for all types of weather conditions. People who purchased it were happy that it was pre charged.
This battery has vibration resistance, which is key when riding in all types of terrains. It will last a long time with a 70% longer run time than conventional batteries. It recharges in 4 to 6 hours.
Brand: Odyssey, Model: PC680, Weight: 13.45 pounds
- Comes with L terminal adapters
- Known to work well with BMW’s
- Clients complain that the quality is not as good as when the brand first started out
- Not able to purchase on Amazon in the Catalina Islands
2. STANLEY FATMAX J7CS Power Station Jump Starter
This battery can jump-start an engine. It also has an air compressor for pumping the tires. It even has LED lights so that a person can work at nighttime. It needs to be charged every 30 days whether or not it is in use.
At the height of its power, it can give 700 amps. When it first starts, you can expect 350 amps right off the bat. You need an extension cord to charge this up.
Brand: Stanley Fatmax, Model: J7CS, Weight: 10.2 pounds
- Good for emergencies that happen when you’re on the go. You don’t have to worry about your vehicle not starting again.
- You can use your clamps to connect to the battery
- Can be cumbersome to load into the car when you’re on the go
- You have to make sure that you recharge this or it is useless
- Need to be somewhere you can charge overnight for the battery to be of any use.
3. Schumacher SC1281 6/12V Fully Automatic Battery Charger
This is a car battery charger that even comes equipped with clamps. It is one of the best car batteries for extreme cold weather. It even works for trucks and SUVs. It will charge standard, AGM, gel and deep-cycle batteries.
It has a tester for the battery and alternator so that you can see much more clearly what is going on. It comes with UL safety certificates.
Brand: Schumacher, Model: SC1281, Weight: 12.65 pounds
- For the price point, you are getting a lot.
- You don’t have to buy an expensive machine to be able to use this.
- More precise diagnostics of what the problems are are available due to the features of this machine.
- Some people have questioned the reliability as they have found that it doesn’t fully charge their vehicle
- The quality might not be as high as something that you would pay a higher price for.
4. Optima Batteries 8014-045 D34/78 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery
This battery is designed to start in extreme weather, making it one of the best batteries for extreme cold weather. It has 12 volts of power. It also reserves 120 minutes of power so that you know you’ll not be left stranded when you need your battery to work the most.
This battery has 750 amps that will work in tough conditions thanks to the Polypropylene case material. It has a strong vibration resistance.
Brand: Optima Batteries, Model: 8014-045 D34/78, Weight: 43.5 pounds
- This is a heavy-duty battery that is heavier in weight for a reason.
- It stores a lot of power and will reserve some for those tough conditions.
- The lead plated spiral batteries are better quality than flat plated AGM batteries.
- You have to keep this battery between 12 and 14 Volts or it won’t start larger vehicles.
- It is not fail-proof so keep in mind that even though it is more expensive, this does not guarantee that you will not have to take advantage of the warranty.
5. Optima Batteries 8003-151 34R RedTop Starting Battery
This 12-volt battery offers 800 amps of power. It has the vibration resistance feature that most of these cold-weather batteries need. It reserves 100 minutes of battery life at all times for those moments you need your battery to come through the most.
This battery comes with a 36-month warranty. This means that you will get a new battery in this time period if there is a defect in either the parts or the craftsmanship. It has spiral cell technology with lead plating. This is superior to the flat, AGM battery model.
Brand: Optima Batteries, Model: 8003-151 34R, Weight: 37.9 pounds
- Most customers who have purchased this battery on Amazon give it a five-star rating.
- Some people who have had this battery swear by its quality and will continuously purchase this brand and model.
People have complained that these batteries are not all alike and the manufacturing standards can vary based on the item itself.
It doesn’t always last as long as people expect in some cases.
6. VMAXTANKS VMAX V35-857 12 Volt 35AH AGM Battery
This is an actual car battery that is encased in lead-tin alloys. It is a specific model in which the manufacturer even recommends a certain charger.
One of the key features of this battery is that it doesn’t require any maintenance. It is heavy duty and designed to be easy to take care of.
Brand: VMAXTANKS VMAX, Model: V35-857 12 Volt 35AH AGM, Weight: 25 pounds
- This relatively lightweight battery is designed to be maintenance-free.
- Many people say that it’s just a battery that keeps on performing.
- Some people have had trouble with the recharging of this battery.
- Needs at least 3 amps to recharge or it won’t work again.
7. ACDelco 48AGM Professional AGM Automotive BCI Group 48 Battery
This battery has a unique silver calcium alloy. The materials are said to enhance the overall life of the battery. The envelope separator prevents the acid from leaking and improves the movement in the cell.
This battery has a vent cap that keeps that battery from leaking. The battery’s unique design contributes to its long life cycle.
Brand: ACDelco, Model: 48AGM, Weight: 45.5 pounds
- If you take care of the battery right, it will last you a while.
- Good for the highs and lows that lead batteries cannot withstand without the acid flooding.
- Some people find that it does not hold a charge well.
- The manufacturer is usually good at fulfilling the warranty if the battery breaks down.
8. Mighty Max Battery ML35-12 – 12V 35AH U1 Deep Cycle AGM Solar Battery
This lead battery is spill and leak proofed. You will be able to recharge it as needed.
Brand: Mighty Max Battery, Model: ML35-12 – 12V 35AH, Weight: 24 pounds
- You can power a lot with this battery.
- People take it on camping trips as a source of power.
- There are three batteries and people don’t complain about how much they get from them.
- Some people find they have to utilize the warranty.
- You might have to wait a while for the warranty to be fulfilled or get a bit of a run around if you do happen to encounter problems.
9. ACDelco ACDB24R Advantage AGM Automotive BCI Group 51 Battery
This battery is a maintenance-free battery that will not leak. Due to gas recombinant tech, the battery will work three times as long as a regular battery.
It is designed for storing if you don’t need to use it during certain seasons such as summer. The oxide plates are high quality.
Brand: ACDelco, Model: ACDB24R, Weight: 14.3 KG
- There are YouTube videos out there that can help with the installation
- Customers who purchase this model tend to be repeat buyers
It may not fit certain models due to the dimensions
10. DieHard 38188 Group 34R Lead Acid Battery
This battery has maximum vibration protection. It is also spill-proof.
It works two times longer than the conventional lead batteries. The positive and negative plates prevent electrical shortages.
Brand: DieHard, Model: 38188, Weight: 20.2 KG
It has great specs and customers are happy with their selection
Some people have reported that they have received defective batteries.
FAQ about car battery
What is the best car battery for cold weather?
Ans. When it comes to cold weather, you’ll want to go with the Odyssey PC680 Battery. This battery was even better when it first started out. Most people don’t complain about a lot when it comes to this battery and it is top rated.
What is the best car battery for extreme cold weather?
Ans. Extreme cold weather conditions necessitate that you take certain precautions. Ultimately, the Optima Batteries 8014-045 D34/78 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery is the one you will want to purchase for all types of weather. It reserves power for those times that you just need that extra boost. Those that hate getting out their battery boosters in freezing weather conditions should go with this model.
What is the best car battery brand for cold weather?
Ans. There are a lot of good brands out there for cold weather. The best one is still Odyssey. It’s just backed by an all-around great reputation. People who buy this brand usually become loyal customers.
Cleanliness can make a huge difference in anything whether it is your car, your house, or yourself. It is very important to maintain your car in good condition. Thus, cleaning the car tires and rims is extremely important. A common question that might come to your mind as a car owner is, how how to clean chrome rims that are pitted. You might be looking for at-home remedies that can clean chrome rims or you would be interested in finding out the ways through which you can get rid of the unwanted rust on your chrome rims.
If you are searching for this kind of information, you are in the right place! Read on for more information.
how to clean chrome rims that are pitted
Nobody likes the chrome rims that are pitted. If you find yourself in such a position, it is important to take action as soon as possible. However, you would need a little help.
Things You’ll Need:
- 000 fine steel wool
- Warm Water
- Dish Soap
- Cotton Cloth
When chrome rims are exposed to air, they would pit easily. The best way to clean pitting from the chrome rim is to sand it. However, there could be a need for repair if the damage is much more. You have to maintain the tires and rims by keeping a close eye on it. Consider the following steps:
- Use warm water and dish soap. Wash the rim with it. By using a cotton cloth, dry it. Use 0000 fine steel wool. Rub in a circular motion to remove the pitting. Before using it, you have to make sure it is suitable. You can use your fingernail to check the pitting.
- Use a lacquer and spray a light coat. Pat dry after using 0000 fine steel wool. You can use the second coat of lacquer. Make sure you dry the item. This should be in an area that is well ventilated.
how to clean chrome rims with vinegar
Vinegar is not only used as a food item but it has a variety of other uses as well. You can get rid of tough stains with the help of vinegar. Try the following to clean the chrome rims using the help of vinegar.
Things You’ll Need:
- Soft Sponge
Thus, in order to clean the chrome rims using the vinegar, consider the following steps:
- Mix one part of vinegar with one part of water. The amount of water you use would depend on the amount required for the cleaning purpose. In any case, try to keep the ratio the same. Don’t dilute this solution. Make sure there are equal parts of both water and vinegar to make an effective solution.
- You can use a soft sponge to clean the chrome rims using this solution. Don’t try to use any brush or hard material as it is likely to leave scratches on the surface.
how to clean chrome rims with at-home remedies
The home remedies are not just for making your skin shiny and bright. The home remedies are not confined to the items you prepare at home to lose some weight. You can use the at-home remedies to clean the chrome rims.
Things You’ll Need:
- Baking Soda
Thus, consider the following steps to clean the chrome-rims using the home remedies:
You can mix water and baking soda in such a way that a paste is formed. You can use this paste to clean the chrome rims. This is an easy technique that would assist you in cleaning the chrome rims.
There are many other home remedies that you can try. For example:
Aluminum Foil Method
Things You’ll Need:
- Aluminum Foil
Using this particular aluminum foil method, you would be able to clean your chrome rims in the following ways:
- Take a piece of aluminum foil from your kitchen’s cupboard.
- Dip this particular piece of aluminum foil in water. Now start rubbing it on the chrome rims, it would assist in getting rid of the unwanted rust. Try it and see the results!
how to clean chrome rims with steel wool
As discussed previously using 0000 fine steel wool you would be able to clean chrome rims. The rest of the method is mentioned previously. It is wise to follow the relevant instructions to clean the chrome rims. There are also tons of tutorials available online that can provide a step by step guide on how to use a certain product. Make sure you are following the instructions carefully. If you find it tough to maintain the chrome rims and clean them on a regular basis, it would be a good idea to let an expert do this kind of job for you!
how to clean chrome rims brake dust
You have to clean the chrome rims when there is an issue. Make sure you are following the appropriate method.
Things You’ll Need:
- Dish Detergent
- Small Hand Brush
Consider the following steps to clean chrome rims brake dust:
- In order to clean chrome rims brake dust mix water with soap. Add dish detergent to this mixture. Now, quickly stir this mixture.
- Using a hose, gently clean your tires. This would remove extra dirt and grease that is accumulated on the tires. By using the hose, you are doing your wheels a favor as there would be no need to go through the hassle of scratching it harshly for the cleanup.
- You can turn the hose to the jet setting if you are looking for some extra power to clean the chrome rims.
- You can use a small hand brush and dip it in the mixture you just made. Make sure you are scrubbing the brush correctly so that it would clean the chrome rims thoroughly. Use a good brush for this purpose so that you would be able to clean the chrome rims thoroughly.
- After cleaning it thoroughly, rinse it well and pat dry.
- You can repeat the scrubbing process as per your requirement or until you are satisfied with the end result
how to clean oxidized chrome rims
Oxidation is quite common with the chrome rims. If the chrome on your rims is of great quality it would avoid the oxidation. However, you don’t like the rust and want to get rid of it as soon as possible. In order to get the oxidation off from the chrome rims, read on.
Things You’ll Need:
- Steel Wood Pad
Thus, consider the following steps to clean oxidized chrome rims:
- Just like always, make a mixture of soap and water. This mixture appears quite useful since you can use it in a variety of ways. Clean the chrome rims with this mixture. It would assist in getting rid of the dirt and grease if there is any on the chrome rims.
- Using a steel wood pad, you can remove the rust on the wheel. Use water along with it.
- You might be wondering what to do with that used toothbrush in your washroom that had been sitting there for too long. Now is the time to put it to good use. Dip it in the mixture and clean the oxidized areas of the chrome rims. Make sure you are thoroughly cleaning it.
- In the end, use some clean water to get rid of the mess.
how to restore chrome rims
Your chrome rims might lose their charm and you would need a little elbow grease to restore them. You can blame the rock salt for this damage. It would be a good idea if you keep a close eye on your chrome rims. It would be wise to clean the chrome rims weekly to keep them looking neat and shiny for a long time.
Things You’ll Need:
- Automobile Cleaner
- Cleaning Cloth
- Chrome Polish
- Spray Wax (automotive)
Thus, consider the following steps to restore chrome rims:
- You can buy any automobile cleaner from the market and mix at least four glass of water to it. The water should be warm.
- Use a clean sponge and clean the chrome rims. Using a toothbrush you can scrub the chrome rims. Scrub softly and in a circular motion.
- In order to avoid the spotting on the chrome rims, rinse it immediately. AT this point you can use cold water.
- Use a cleaning cloth and try to dry the chrome rims. You can apply chrome polish to the chrome rims and for this purpose, you can use another cleaning cloth. Make sure the cloth is free from lint. Apply the chrome polish as per your requirement so that you get the desired shine and result.
- In the end, you can use the automotive spray wax. The purpose of using the spray wax is to protect the chrome rims from the damage.
how to clean corrosion off chrome rims
You can use high-quality chrome rims for your precious vehicles. However, the truth is that you cannot avoid corrosion. They would rust at one point or the other. Thus, you should take appropriate measures when this happens.
Things You’ll Need
- Scrub Brush
- Wire Brush
- Corrosion Remover
- Hard wax
Thus, consider the following steps to clean corrosion off chrome rims:
- Initially, like always you have to make a mixture of soap and water. Use this particular mixture to clean the chrome rims as this would assist in getting rid of the dust and grease.
- Dry the wheels and see for the signs of corrosion on the chrome rims. Try to get rid of the unwanted corrosion using the scrub brush.
- In order to get rid of the rust deposits that are quite large, you can use a wire brush. It would assist in cleaning the remaining rush on your chrome rims. However, don’t try to scratch the chrome as it would make the matter worse. All you have to do is try your best.
- There would be many products available in the market that can assist in getting rid of the corrosion. For example, you can buy a good corrosion remover for this purpose. Make sure you read the reviews and comments from current and previous buyers before making a final purchase decision. You have to follow the instructions on the package.
- In the end, you can apply hard wax to protect the chrome rims.
Important Points To Keep In Mind
When trying to keep the chrome rims clean and tidy, keep the following points in mind:
- Make sure you are taking the safety measures when using the products designed specifically for cleaning the chrome rims.
- Make sure you are wearing hand gloves when cleaning the chrome rims to protect your hands.
- It would be wise to wear a mask especially if you are allergic to some chemicals that would be used in the process of cleaning.
- Make sure you are following the instructions correctly.
- You can read reviews and comments on different products before making a final purchase decision.
- Keep a close eye on the chrome rims to avoid damage.
- Avoid contacting any chemical with eyes. It would be wise to wear goggles when cleaning the chrome rims.
There are various ways to keep the chrome rims in good condition. It is important that you are aware of the various ways through which you can maintain the beauty of your vehicle. We are living in an era of modernization and information technology. In such a busy world, it is important to take some time off to take care of the chrome rims. However, if because of any reason you are not able to devote some time to clean the chrome rims, it would be wise to take the job to a professional and let them do the cleaning for you!
Thinking of safeguarding your car headlights?
With the best headlight cover, you can dress up your car, SUV or truck headlights and protect from weather elements. The right headlight cover also protects the headlight lens from stone chips, minor abrasions, and bug splatters.
As an aftermarket modification, it’s made from different materials. They include poly carbonate, metal, and self-adhesive vinyl. These materials help to reduce the light transmitted or tint the color of your headlights.
Want to know how to install the headlight cover and costs?
In this post, we cover the replacement of a headlight cover and costs involved.
What Is the Cost of Replacing Headlight Covers?
Headlights are very important to your safety when driving on the road. As such, it’s logical to protect them. One of the best components that can protect your car headlights is headlight covers.
Driving without headlight covers leaves your headlights unprotected. As such, you risk denting the housing and cracking the lens. How? As you drive, the car wheels kick up gravel. Even a minor impact can crack the car lens and take a toll on your headlights.
Headlight covers go all the way back to World War II. At the time, military and civil authorities enforced blackouts as well as brownouts. Simply put, they restricted the use of car headlights when transporting military supplies.
The reason for this policy was to reduce detection by enemy crafts. Brownouts and blackouts were done by limiting light emissions using masks and hoods. Today, headlight covers are still in use in military and civilian vehicles.
They reduce transmitted light and protect the headlights. Even racing cars have protective headlight cover film to reduce abrasion in the harsh and sandy environment. Want to know how much it costs to replace a headlight cover?
The cost to replace the headlight cover varies with the car’s make and model. Also, it depends on whether you will be installing the headlight cover or have it done by a professional mechanic.
Here is what you need to know. Replacing the headlight cover yourself is affordable. Why? You will not incur the cost of labor. Problem is, if you lack the skills, you may end up damaging the housing or the car headlight lens.
Having a professional mechanic replace the headlight cover will be at a considerably higher cost. Based on research, the average cost for replacing a car headlight assembly ranges between $250 to $700. For the headlight cover, the cost is typically between $75 and $200.
Want to save money on a headlight cover? Start by comparing prices for headlight covers online. Several online retailers offer original manufacturer headlight covers. Also, they sell at a much cheaper price compared to your local dealer.
Another way to save money is to learn how to replace the headlight cover yourself. Want to know how to replace a headlight cover.
Here is a step by step guide for replacing your headlight cover.
Replacing Your Car Headlight Cover – Step by Step Guide
Headlight covers add a finished look and sleekness to the front end of your car. Not only will you be the envy of other drivers but you will protect the car lens from abrasion and weather elements.
Here is how to replace your car headlight cover.
Shop for the Best Headlight Cover
Search for Online Retailers
In 2019, more than 76% of US adults shop online. Of these, 25% who shop online did so once a month while 16% shopped online once a week. To find an online retailer who stocks original headlight covers, use your favorite search engine.
Try using a keyword such as “headlight cover” and browse through the results.
Compare Headlight Covers
From the search results, you can open five or 10 of the top online retailers in different tabs on your browser. By doing so, you can compare product features and prices across different retailers. This can save you a lot of money.
Once you find the best headlight cover, buy and have them shipped to your home. Remember, buy the right headlight covers for your car make and model.
Replace the Headlight Cover
Unmount the Old Covers
Your new headlight covers are a good replacement for your broken or cracked covers. Before installing the new headlight covers, unmount the old covers. For a clean revitalized look, use a screwdriver. Remember, do not rush the process as you may end up scratching the headlight lens.
Snap-On the New Headlight Covers
Now that you have the shipped headlight covers, it’s time to replace the old covers. On a typical car, snap on or hook and loop the headlight covers. Start with the right headlight followed by the left headlight.
The whole process takes a few minutes to complete.
Use Automotive-Grade Tape
As you shop for automotive-grade tape, you will come across different grades. Some tapes join electrical connections while others mask cars before painting. The PVC electrical tapes are pressure-sensitive but they are not all created equally. To use automotive grade tape for attachment, cut to size and press into place. No holes, no mess.
Using the attachment tape provides a strong and secure bond. In fact, it will hold strong in any weather or road condition.
We recommend 3M super strong automotive attachment tape for superior results.
Drive to the Nearest Mechanic
To find a trusted mechanic near you, use your favorite search engine. For example, if you live in New York, you can use the following keyword “mechanic New York” or “professional New York mechanic.”
Professionals specialize in the service and repair of cars. They are highly skilled and experienced plus they have the right equipment and parts for different repairs. Want to avoid crooked “mechanics” and find a trustworthy and dependable mechanic?
Here is how to find a great mechanic. Seek recommendations from family and friends. Read online reviews, both good and bad. Check the Better Business Bureau to find out the mechanic’s ratings.
Look for a mechanic from the AAA approved auto repair network. Make sure the mechanic has certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence. Once you have 5 to 10 candidates, make a quick call to find out if they offer free estimates.
A trustworthy and dependable mechanic will have no problem giving you a written estimate.
- Headlight Cover Replacement
There are headlight covers that require professional installation. If the manufacturer recommends professional attachment, do not attempt DIY. Any damage done to the cover may void the warranty.
Replacing headlight covers is very easy. It takes no more than 20 minutes. Once you replace the old covers, your car headlights will experience premium protection. Not only will the cover protect from weather elements but gravel and rocks too.
With your headlights in good condition, you can drive safely at night, in foggy weather and during heavy rainfall. Your car will be visible to oncoming cars and on top of that, the police will not stop your car and penalize you.