When you are the owner of a jeep, you must acknowledge the soft-top window enhances the look of your vehicle, making it stylish and awesome sauce. Besides, the soft-top window protects you from the direct heat of the sun, rain, and others. However, being exposed to dust and grime while on the road, the soft-tops are prone to be dirty. Besides, the soft top window of your jeep is more likely to get scratched, spoiling the appearance. Only washing it off with water is not enough to get rid of these issues.
Therefore, we endeavor to come up with the easiest solution to clean off your soft-top window and regain its look. The soft tops are made of vinyl, plastic, and fabric. So, you need to take care of it on a regular basis as the soft top window of your jeep can be easily damaged. And, if impaired anyway, try to fix it as soon as possible to restore the impression of the jeep.
Underneath, we have covered up an informative blog about how to clean jeep soft top windows. It will provide you with the step-by-step process to clean off your soft-top windows along with other important aspects you have to know. Going through our article will help you get rid of the ugly scratches and grime on the soft-top window.
4 Steps for Cleaning Jeep Soft Top Windows
Firstly, try to get rid of the dirt and grime on the surface of the soft-top window. Take a microfiber cloth or rag, dip the cloth into fresh, cold, or cool water. Now, grime off the window with that soaked towel and wipe off the window from left to right and right to left to wash it off.
Before wiping it down, it will be better if you can clean the window using a cleaning solution like Plexus or Invisible Gas. The plexus is the most popular cleaning spray when it comes to making the scratches of the vinyl window disappear. Besides, spraying the plexus will help the window look fresh and clean like first use.
Now, dry the entire surface of the window, applying a rag onto the window. Then take a few drops of plastic repairing solution into a microfiber towel. Rub it gently around the window from left to right and right to left so that the whole surface of the window can be covered. Repeat the process till the window looks neat and clean.
Like the previous process, now dry off the window out of the repairing solution with a clean microfiber towel. In most cases, the window gets naturally dry while exposed to open weather. However, if the window still is dry after applying the repair liquid, use a microfiber cloth and dry it properly.
Finally, after applying a repair solution thoroughly onto the window, it is high time to apply a protectant so that your soft-top window can withstand sun rays, water, dust, and other hostile elements. The protectant will improve the lifespan by extending the longevity of the vinyl/plastic windows.
Things Not to Do While Cleaning Soft Top Windows
Cleaning a soft-top window is an easy-breezy yet challenging job. There are some aspects you need to take to heart.
- One of the most frequent mistakes that people unknowingly make is to wipe it down using circular swirling motions. It damages the window rather than cleaning.
- Try to use a plastic repairing solution such as Plastex Liquid. You can purchase it from any repair store.
- It is prohibited to apply a cleaning solution containing ammonia or alcohol. These substances will end up damaging the plastic or making it crack and discolor. Besides, alcohol and ammonia gradually make the window dry out the natural oil in the window.
- When wiping off the window, don’t try to use a paper towel, terry towels, and other coarse and uneven fabrics. These will end up scratching your soft-top jeep window. After all, microfiber is your ally when it comes to cleaning windows and working on paint in a vehicle.
- Use a soft and clean microfiber cloth or rag and pressure gently to clean off the window. Applying force or pressure can create scratches on your window, making it seem worn-out at first glance.
From your above reading, you come to know the steps to clean off the soft top windows properly. We drive deeper to make you grasp the procedures of cleaning off the soft top windows of a jeep. After taking our content to heart, you are likely to say good-bye to scratches and particles of dust accumulated on jeep top windows.
That’s all for now. Thanks a lot for investing your precious time in our article. If you come up with any query, feel free to post it in our comment section. Our experienced team members are ready to serve you 24/7.