Ceramic car coating is a chemical polymer solution that protects the exterior of a car from environmental damage like UV rays, dirt, rain, industrial fallout, and debris. It is basically made of silicon dioxide. Manufacturers source it from natural materials like sand and quartz. Some companies also use titanium dioxide as an addition. Moreover, because of being hydrophobic, it normally makes any moisture go away.
To dive deep into the ceramic car coating and other automotive accessories, take a look at thegaragely.com
How to Maintain Ceramic Coating
It is important to know the process of maintaining ceramic car coating as everyone wants to expand the lifespan of the coating.
Now, by following these 5 effective steps, you can maintain the coating. These are:
1. While cleaning the wash mitt from one bucket, you have to soak the wash mitt from the other bucket. This method is known as the 2-bucket method.
2. To avoid contaminants, you have to wash the car every two weeks.
3. To achieve the best result, always wash your car in the early morning or evening. Washing your car in direct sunlight can shorten the lifespan of the coating.
4. To maintain properly, always use PH-neutral car shampoo.
5. Finally, you must use a different wash mitt for lower areas including sills and wheels.
Therefore, these steps will definitely increase the duration of the coating. Reports say that, with proper maintenance, ceramic car coating lasts up to 2-5 years. Meanwhile, if you have a new ceramic car coating, then it will basically take around 2 to 3 weeks to cure or dry properly.
Read More: General Car Maintenance Services
Is Ceramic Coating Worth It?
Now, some people still question whether this car coating is worth it or not. Well, this coating is definitely a good go for you if you want to increase your car’s coating lifespan.
Here are the reasons:
- 1. It protects your car against damage like UV rays, rust, and oxidation. Ultimately, it expands the legibility of the vehicle.
- 2. Ceramic car coating makes your car’s surface super smooth and complements the surface from dust, dirt, and other harsh environmental elements.
- 3. Ceramic car coating protects the car from light scratches which is a great plus point of the coating. It also protects from water drops and other contaminant things.
- 4. Finally, it will give your car a glossy and sleek look without a doubt and make the eyes stare at your car with wonder.
How Long Does Ceramic Coating Last
Coming to the very end, it will be beneficial for all of you to get informed about the actual cost of ceramic car coating as many people have this valuable question in mind. From our research, we come to know that the actual cost varies from $1500 to $5750. If your car is brand new, then the cost will be around $1500 and for a well-used car, the cost will be around $2,000.
How Long Does It Take To Ceramic Coat A Car?
Ceramic coating is a great option for your car because it’s durable, and most importantly, provides strong protection against the elements. Other coatings are applied to a car’s exterior via brush or spray. Because this is sprayed on, it can run and not cover as much area as it should. If you’re considering it, here’s how long it would take for one person to do it themselves.
The process of ceramic coating a car is rather lengthy, but it is well worth the time and effort. The first step in the process is removing the wax on the vehicle, which can be done using soap and water. Next, rinse the car with water and dry it off. Next, apply a primer or bonding agent to the car. The agent will ensure that there is no residue left from the cleaning process and will help the ceramic coat adhere to the car’s paintwork. The agent will also allow the new clear coat to adhere and properly cure.
The process of Ceramic Pro will take between 1-5 days depending on the condition of your paint, the size of the vehicle, and the packages you select.
Ceramic Coating A Car is Worth the Price Because It Lasts for Years
Ceramic coating a car is worth the price because it is practically bulletproof. It may seem like a lot of money to spend on an old car, but it will save you from having to wash and wax your car with Top Coat F11 every few weeks, or risk cracking a paint job.
Many people think that a ceramic coating on their car is an expensive investment. The truth is, a ceramic coating can save you a lot of money in the long run. When you take into account how much it would cost to fix up a car due to rust or paint chips, and the fact that a ceramic coating lasts for years, a single paint chip repair is a very wise investment. By the time you think about having a rust problem repaired, your car has already been through years of use and abuse, and paint jobs can easily cost $1500.
Leave a Reply