You probably don’t realize how important windshield wipers are unless yours stop working. Struggling to see in the rain, snow or fog makes traveling stressful and dangerous. A good rule of thumb is to carry a spare set in your vehicle in case your wipers malfunction along the way.
While you should regularly check your windshield wipers for signs of wear, replacing them before winter ensures you’ll have proper visibility in the worst weather conditions. Here are five reasons to upgrade your blades before the snow starts to fly:
- Avoid deteriorating wipers: Going back and forth between freezing temperatures and the hot sun causes wipers to become brittle and eventually crumble. The metal arm can scratch the windshield if they break apart too much, leaving you with even more costly repairs.
- Steer clear of a streaky windshield: If the wipers are leaving smears or smudges when you use them, you won’t be able to see clearly, making you a hazard to yourself and other drivers.
- Avoid Squealing sounds: Driving with wipers that squeak each time they go back and forth is irritating and may affect your concentration ability. Verify that the glass is free of debris before making a replacement, as a dirty windshield is one possible cause for this annoyance.
- Get added protection: Consider investing in winter wipers, as the rubber is stronger and made to grip the windshield better. This snug fit helps them from freezing.
- Acquire peace of mind: Knowing that you’re driving with a new safety feature will make you feel better whether you’re traveling on a sunny day or through a blizzard. You’ll be prepared for whatever weather lies ahead.
Having new wipers on your car is the best defense against dangerous weather conditions. They literally clear the way for you to get from place to place safely.
How Snow Can Have an Effect on Your Windows
A considerable snowfall may be fun to play in; however, you may experience opposing feelings regarding driving. It doesn’t take long for the flakes to cover your vehicle. If you have to travel, make sure you clean off your entire car before leaving, including windows. Making a small peephole in front of the steering wheel isn’t acceptable, as you need to see everything going on around your car, especially in bad weather.
Although your vehicle’s windows were created to withstand various temperature changes, the glass can get weak when cold transitions quickly to heat and even start to crack. Inspect your windshield regularly so you can repair chips before they turn into larger problems.
Where To Find Upgraded Windshield Wipers
Don’t get stuck sitting along the highway Googling the phrase, “reasons why windshield wipers not working.” Be proactive and make this essential purchase before the weather gets worse.
If you’re asking yourself, “What windshield wipers do I need?” your car’s manual should give the size and might even list some recommendations. Whether you’re interested in upgrading your wipers or getting the same ones you have, an auto parts store associate can help you find what you’re looking for and order it if needed.
When you’re ready to shop, rely on a business you can trust. Find the best products from a committed auto parts store.