Every part of a vehicle is essential for smooth and pleasant driving. But an old wheel bearing can turn into a ghoulish nightmare for your journey if not replaced properly under strict supervision.
And low-quality bearings can also bring oft-suffered disturbance for a catholic. So if you wanna change your car’s wheel bearing you should choose, speak precisely, a highly effective product that will last longer and will give you a smooth experience.
Timken is a well-known automobile and engineering company that has made its name through good service and a considerable reputation. This article on Timken wheel bearing review will explore some of the best wheel bearings for your automobile.
Read Also: Moog Wheel Bearings Review
- 1 Quick Look: Timken Wheel Bearing Review
- 2 Top 5 Timken Wheel Bearing Review 2023
- 3 1. Timken SP500300 Axle Bearing and Hub Assembly
- 4 Pros
- 5 Cons
- 6 2. Timken SP580205 Axle Bearing and Hub Assembly
- 7 Pros
- 8 Cons
- 9 3. Timken 580310 Preset, Greased, and Pre-Sealed
- 10 Pros
- 11 Cons
- 12 4. Timken 513188 Axle Bearing
- 13 Pros
- 14 Cons
- 15 5. Timken SP500301 Front Wheel Bearing
- 16 Pros
- 17 Cons
- 18 Benefits of Timken Wheel Bearings
- 19 Key Features of Timken
- 20 Pricing of Timken Wheel Bearing
- 21 Considering Factors Before purchasing Timken Wheel Bearing
- 22 Types of Bearing Timken Offers
- 23 How to install Timken Wheel Bearing
- 24 STEP 1: Wheel Disassembly
- 25 STEP 2: Installing Cups and Lubricating
- 26 STEP: 3 Installing Hub Assembly
- 27 STEP 4: Bearing Adjustment
- 28 Frequently Asked Questions About Timken Wheel Bearing
- 29 Concluding Words for Timken Wheel Bearing Review
Quick Look: Timken Wheel Bearing Review
|Editor’s Choice||Product||Key Features||Weight||Dimensions||Latest Price|
|Overall Best||Timken SP500300 Axle Bearing and Hub Assembly||Steel alloy for improved quality, Internal components are shielded||13.2 pounds||9.4″×8.9″×6.1″ HWD dimensions||Check Price|
|Best Seller||Timken SP580205 Axle Bearing and Hub Assembly||No loose steering issue, Fine thread, and lug nuts, sustainable||23.8 pounds||9.4×9.4×8.7 HLW dimensions||Check Price|
|Top Rated||Timken 580310 Preset, Greased, and Pre-Sealed||Generation 3 sensing technology, Works best with synthetic oil||18.09 pounds||8.63×8.63×5.19 dimensions||Check Price|
|Amazon’s Pick||Timken 513188 Axle Bearing and Hub Assembly||Transmitting power but slipping, high-end materials||9.8 pounds||7.5 x 7.5 x 5.3 inches||Check Price|
|Best Value||Timken SP500301 Front Wheel Bearing||Cater to vehicle maneuverability, reduced radial section||1 Pound||8.63 x 8.63 x 5.19 inches||Check Price|
Top 5 Timken Wheel Bearing Review 2023
With the staggering quality, Timken SP500300 increases the car’s performance at its best. Since it is made from hard and solid metal, the friction is supposed to be greater. Yet, the two orbs rarely connect with any area, so the interaction becomes smooth and frictionless.
Timken SP500300 offers an ABS sensor and three bolt flange. So speed monitoring becomes easier and more effective. Interestingly enough, this bearing fits almost all conventional cars without exception.
The installation and changing process of Timken is always easier and swift. Most of the Timken products are lightweight and durable with precise control. It means you shall get unprecedented access and command over your car, in different driving situations.
- 9.4″×8.9″×6.1″ HWD dimensions
- Weigh only 13.2 pounds
- Steel alloy for improved quality
- Internal components are shielded and protected
- A decade-long service
This is another affordable bearing by Timken with optimum quality. It also provides an ABS sensor with considerable wheel rotation.
Interestingly, it is not necessary to clean SP580205 frequently. Dirt and other damaging components are shielded through its stiff and hard material.
This is known as a standard bearing for most sorts of automobiles. It comes with an internal sensor that wards off any dirt, corrosion, and thermal shock as well. Timken SP580205 fits both the early and latest Ford. Unlike ECCPP wheel bearings, the installation procedure of Timken is quite easy.
- 9.4×9.4×8.7 HLW dimensions
- Weigh 23.8 pounds
- No loose steering issue
- Fine thread and lug nuts
- Chinese origin; yet sustainable
This is another fine bearing of Timken, a highly recommended one for cars. Though Timken manufactures similar wheel bearings, some of its products are extraordinarily unique. This bearing falls under such a category.
Timken SP580310 is made of high-quality steel, and the steel is stain and abrasion resistant. This is considered to be flexible in most vehicles without creating a nuisance.
As we have pointed out earlier, the installation process needs no professional or expert; rather a layman with a preliminary knowledge of bearing installation can do that. It falls under the third-generation wheel system, ensuring stiff and braking performance.
- 8.63×8.63×5.19 dimensions
- Weigh only 18.09 pounds
- Generation 3 sensing technology
- Stain resistant
- Work best with synthetic oil
- Easy maintenance
The Timken 513188 Axle Bearing is the perfect product for your Honda Accord. Made with high-quality materials, this bearing offers easy one-time installation that you can complete in about an hour. As it is made of high-quality material that provides long-lasting service life, it reduces maintenance costs for customers. Therefore, we do not hesitate a bit to include this item in the Timken wheel bearing review.
Moreover, It’s designed to provide a tight fit while also transmitting power without slipping, keeping any friction that could develop to a minimum and increasing reliability when it comes to performance in the process.
Additionally, this bearing also provides excellent lubrication as well as being sealed for an extended service life – so don’t wait on your new axle bearing, get one today!
- 7.5 x 7.5 x 5.3 inches Dimensions
- Weighs 9.8 pounds
- Transmitting power but slipping
- Composed of high-end materials
- Quite easy maintenance
Timken’s Generation 3 wheel-end system is the more sensible choice for your vehicle’s front-wheel bearings. Why? The reduction of unsprung weight with its hub using Timken’s Generation 3 technology is an answer that most careful drivers will appreciate on fuel efficiency.
However, it also helps your car be quicker to respond when accelerating or driving come quick turns. An additional benefit comes with easier installation and better performance thanks to increased stiffness and brake capabilities from a package bearing that offered design flexibility with ease of bolt-on simplicity.
Besides, it’s economical too: with long-lasting durability and a narrow overall package width, this product pays off pretty quickly in terms of improved fuel efficiencies and other factors affecting driving costs!
- 8.63 x 8.63 x 5.19 inches dimensions
- Weighs only 1 pound
- Cater to vehicle maneuverability
- Comes with a reduced radial section
Benefits of Timken Wheel Bearings
- Smooth experience: The older and outdated bearings often give jerks and unstable movement. So, if you install a new Timken bearing instead of a poorly manufactured one, your driving experience will be downright smooth.
- Less Noise: Any awful noise from your vehicle can disturb your peace of mind. Timken manufactures one of the best, if not the best, wheel bearings for automobiles. So definitely, the unwanted noises will be reduced manifold if you install Timken.
- Equable Steering: It is a crucial convenience that one should expect and get from his car. The steering should be balanced and equable both for enjoyment and safety. Timken has improved this necessity a lot.
However, Timken’s service is not limited to these only. They provide a number of conveniences and services in most Catholic countries.
Key Features of Timken
There are a number of factors in Timken wheel bearings that should be taken into account first.
- It is lightweight compared to other brands. Nearly 20 percent of weight is lesser; that means an extra chunk of speed.
- Do not stick to conventional nuts and threads. Rather significantly easier to install without washers or other irritating components.
- Advance sensor installation for better performance.
- The stiffness of Timken provides a suitable brake system and decreases rotor runout.
- Incredibly designed with half of the components without losing the quality. Therefore, affordable prices offer lasting products.
- Timken meets the evolving, newer necessity of bearings, gear drives, motors, and so on.
Pricing of Timken Wheel Bearing
- Under $150: Timken has several wheel bearings under 150 dollars like 513179 or SP550207. However, it should be remembered that bearings under 150 dollars are good, but they often lack all components for a perfect installation. In such a case, you need to buy extra parts.
- Up to $150: The cream of the crop or the best wheel bearings of Timken are usually over 150 dollars. But they provide hub assembly for smoother installation and any additional purchase is not necessary. And these bearings are highly recommended and reliable for longer life expectancy.
Considering Factors Before purchasing Timken Wheel Bearing
There are some vital factors that need to be considered and judged before buying a wheel bearing. You may buy the wrong product and waste your money for nothing. Therefore you need to be cautious. Here are some essential things that we have pointed out in the Timken wheel bearing review you should know before buying.
- Car Model
Imagine you have bought a bearing spending a precious budget, but you find it to misfit the model of your car. Will it be a happy experience? Simply, no. So before you rush toward purchasing a bearing, make sure the particular part matches the model of your car. Also, take into account the weight and the capacity of automobiles. For instance, an SKF bearing is incompatible with a heavyweight truck. But Timken is quite compatible
Durability is also a significant factor in buying any product. Whereas some brands offer lower-quality bearings that are easily decayed by water, Timken provides corrosion-resisting hubs that ensure durability.
Quality material will yield a quality product. Most wheel bearings are made of steel and alloy. But, some steel is less flexible and has lower grades on the standard scale. You should check the material of the respective bearing and how much heavy use it can withstand. It is a nuisance, but will surely pay you in the long run.
- Price Evaluation:
Budget is always a crucial factor in the market. Companies always try to offer budget-friendly products of optimum quality. You should check a wide variety of products within the budget range to pick one. If your demand meets a particular wheel bearing, you can buy it even if it costs a bit more. However, there should be a balance between the demand and the budget.
Types of Bearing Timken Offers
There are a few types of bearings that are necessary for a wheel. Each bearing has distinctive tasks and motives. However, they all reduce the resulting friction and erosion between the rotating parts. Thus, the life expectancy of a wheel is crucially dependable on a bearing. Here we’ll discuss four major types of bearings that Timken manufactures.
Ball bearing: These sorts of bearings are widely used and undoubtedly the most common of all. It takes on thrust and radial load. The thrust load is the accumulated pressure on each corner; and the radial, on the contrary, is the direct pressure on the wheel. Ball bearings are so popular that they’re even used in roller skates.
Precision ball bearing: It is perhaps the most uncommon bearing among the mass since they’re only used in random racing cars and several Aeroplane wheels. It bears limited heat and limited friction without sacrificing quality rotating speed. They are mostly suitable for intensified usage and greater-speed automobiles.
Roller bearing: Like a ball, roller bearing is also a widely known product. But they are most suitable to withstand the direct pressure of the wheel, not the thrust pressure. They are used in grocery carts and other vehicles.
Tapered roller bearing: With the reduction of friction, Tapered roller bearings allow you to corner with a maximum thrust load. In turning points, the wheel faces grinding and friction at different angles; tapered rollers make it easier to do. Tapered rollers are found in most standardized cars and automobiles.
Now we shall explore the 3 best Timken wheel bearings available in the market. This evaluation is based on our own research, judgment, and customer reviews.
How to install Timken Wheel Bearing
Installation and removal of parts are of the maximum importance for any kind of vehicle. It minimizes the risk of sudden, abrupt failure of speed. Timken provides basic guidelines on their website to give their customers a glimpse of their services. Here we come up with a step-by-step basic installation process for your convenience.
STEP 1: Wheel Disassembly
Every product manufacturer provides a removal guide. Follow the procedure and remove the respective tire and wheel assembly. Then clean out the hub, rotors, and outer bearing with a kerosine type substance. All prior used lubricants should be cleared up to make way for the new ones.
STEP 2: Installing Cups and Lubricating
To place the rotor or hub solidly on the assembly, use a cup driver or milder bar made of steel. Don’t damage the surface of the cup in haste.
Then coat the inner cone with grease, preferably mechanical grease. Force the grease into the cage, cones, and rollers. Fill both cups and their cavities also. Never make the mistake of forgetting the grease seal to install. These coatings of grease are necessary for lessening friction.
STEP: 3 Installing Hub Assembly
Put the hub assembly over the previously installed spindle. Don’t damage the grease seal in the process. Coat the outer cone of the bearing with grease and install it. Also, install the washer and adjacent nuts in the necessary place.
STEP 4: Bearing Adjustment
Now you need a torque wrench. Probably you have one in your repertoire. Now tighten all the nuts with this tool while running the hub approximately at 50 lbs. Don’t tighten it to the breaking point. Now seal the nuts with newly bought cotter pins. Before you finish your job, check and recheck multiple times if all the components are in the proper place or not.
However, you should remember that it is just a simple and quick guideline for such a huge job. It is better to take help from a professional mechanic; otherwise, everything can be messed up. You can also take help from Timken’s official website for this tedious procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions About Timken Wheel Bearing
Concluding Words for Timken Wheel Bearing Review
It is always a must to check the compatibility of any product with your car. Many later complain that this particular product doesn’t go with my model. So, before buying you should ensure compatibility.
There is no question about the superiority of Timken in the automobile marketplace. They offer the best wheel bearings in an affordable range. In this Timken wheel bearing review, we have picked up the best 5 bearings for your car.
Now it’s your turn to pick and choose the suitable one. Note that Timken can serve you for a long time. Even if you consider it to be pricey, you will find your driving experience spicy.